Armavia (Armenian language: Արմավիա) is an airline with headquarters on the ground floor at the Zvartnots Zvartnots International Airport, Armenia, near Yerevan. The airline serves international passengers from Yerevan to destinations in Europe and Asia. Its main base is at Zvartnots International Airport.
Armavia company was founded in 1996, but commercial flights to Russia and Turkey started in 2001. In 2002, formed a strategic alliance with Russian airline S7 Airlines is buying 50% stake of the company Armavia “Chernomoravia” being under the company “Aviafin” with Armenia, but registration with the leadership of S7 Airlines as the owner.
Later, the company added 18% stake of the company Mika Armenia Trading owned by famous Armenian businessman Mikhail Baghdasarov. Investment contract between S7 Airlines and Armavia signed on 14 March 2003, which states that 68% of the shares owned by S7 Airlines Armavia, and the remaining 32% owned by Mika Armenia Trading.
In 2003, Armavia Armenian Airlines flight took over the bankrupt. In 2005, Mika Armenia Trading owned by Mikhail Baghdasarov buy 68% stake of the S7 and the owner of Armavia with 100% shareholding. In 2005, the airline carry 513.800 passengers with more than 550 people as employees. Profit in 2005 increased to $ 90 million. In 2007, the airline carry 572.300 passengers with regular and charter flights, an increase of 21% compared to 2006.
In 2004, the official national airline Armenian Airlines declared bankruptcy and its consequences Armavia took over many of its flights, excluding flights Europe, served by other airlines Armenia, Armenian International Airways (Հայկական միջազգային ավիաուղիներ). The company was later declared bankrupt in 2005, and airline Armavia took over Europe and became the national airline of Armenia.
In 2008, Armavia start services to Marseille. In 2009, Armavia flight to hold Berlin, Zurich, Rome, Batumi, Kharkiv and Bahrain. In 2010, Armavia will conduct flights to Larnaca, Arkhangelsk, Tel Aviv, Rimini, Delhi, Barcelona, Tehran and Warsaw.
Download Armavia Logo