Aarhus Gymnastics Club of 1880 (colloquially: AGF) is a sports club, founded at the behest of Commissioner Christian Christensen, 26 September 1880th It started, as the name suggests with more than gymnastics.
However they had also other sports as stone cutting and fencing, disciplines such as shortly after takeoff, however, went back inside.
In 1902, they separated women’s gymnastics into a separate department. 1902 was also the big year for Gymnastics Association’s continued development; also swimming, football and tennis department was established – in fact initiated by the omnipresent HM Lind, passionate teacher of them all in AGF.
He had already in 1896 initiated the establishment of AGF Department No. 2, namely the classic sport athletics.
Since there should then go over 30 years before the next division came on the program, namely, handball department, which arrived in 1935 – incidentally the first few years in the athletics department’s protective wings.
And finally, there should again go close to 60 years in the seventh and most recent interim department – basketball – come to mid-1990s.
FileLogo-VectorFormat. EPS, CDR, AI.